The library is here for you! If you don't see what you need in the Frequently Asked Questions list, call us at 405-853-2073.
A patron of the Hennessey Public Library:
- Lives in Hennessey or within a 30-mile radius of the Hennessey Public Library, or
- Works in the Hennessey area, or
- Owns property in Kingfisher County
Persons who do not meet the above criteria may obtain a Library card by paying an annual fee of $15. This fee entitles them to check out e-books but not physical Library materials, unless otherwise permitted by the Library Director.
To apply for a Library card:
A person must show a photo ID and proof of current address. Proof of address can be photo ID, a checkbook, utility bill, car registration, etc.
There are several types of Library cards:
- Adult (age 18 or older)
- Juvenile (minor, age 7-12)
- YA (minor, age 13-17)
- Family (parent/guardian and minors sharing a card)
- Group (business or organization)
- Print and audiobooks - 2 weeks
- Movies - 1 week
- Adult and teen magazines, puzzles and games - 2 weeks
- eBooks - 14 days
If the Library material hasn't been reserved by another patron, you are welcome to renew it by calling the Library at 405-853-2073 or stopping by.
Most Library items can be renewed once if the item has not been requested by another Library patron. However, some items borrowed from others in our network of partner libraries have different renewal terms and are not renewable beyond the original due date.
There are several ways to renew your items:
- Visit the Library
- Call 405-853-2073
- Renew online through your library account
The Hennessey Public Library is pleased to participate in Oklahoma's interlibrary loan program.
- Visit the Library or call 405-853-2073 and request a title.
- If the material is available, provide your Library card number and a phone number you can be notified.
- Pay postage of $3.25 upon receipt of loan.
- Once an item is in transit to the library, the patron is responsible for postage whether they accept the loan or not.
- You have three weeks to read the loaned book, no exceptions.
- Items that are not returned will be charged to the patron account.
Patrons with outstanding fines or fees may not check out items until the fines or fees are paid.